To make athletes and parents aware of the benefits and the many different competitions that are available to AFD members.
What are the different competitions you can enter?
- Lily ‘B’ – Girls.
- Alder Valley – Girls & Boys.
- UKYAL – Girls & Boys.
- Wessex League Girls & Boys
- Souther League – Men and Women
- Track County Arts
- Race Walking Leagues
- Border league cross country.
- Road Relays – Southern and National
- Hampshire and Surrey Cross Country
- National Cross Country
- Cross Country Leagues
- Have fun and enjoy Athletics competition.
- Be part of a Team and gain new friends.
- Get recognition for all your training.
- Post a time on the power of 10 and see your improvement.
- Support the club in the leagues to gain promotion.
How to find out about the available events?
- Go to the AFD webpage.
- Click on Fixtures.
- Click on Summer or Winter fixtures http://www.afd.org.uk/members/summerf.htm
- Click on the event for track & field timings.
- Find the team managers details on the club information of this website.
- Click on locations for directions to the event.
- Write all dates in diary or your electronic calendar.
- Ensure you have a club vest to compete in along with other club kit, available from Alton Sports in Farnham, see under club information)
What events to Enter?
- Speak to the coach about the events that they feel you should enter.
- At least 2 weeks before the event, email / phone team manager to register the events you wish to enter for the chosen fixture.
- The team manger will confirm both scoring and non scoring athletes for each event.
- Non availability should be communicated with the team manager as soon as possible to allow other athletes the opportunity to be selected.
On the Day
- Turn up at least 1 hour before your event to register with the team manager (obtain their mobile number before the day so you can call them on arrival to find out their location).
- Find your team mates as this provides great support and reassurance for both athlete and parent.
- Get your numbers and pins (remember to bring you’re safety pins at least 8 are required).
- Warm up for your event at least ½ hour before your event.
- Remember it is the Athletes responsibility to be at their event at the correct time as they will need to register.
- The athlete’s results will be posted on the events scores notice board shortly after the event.
- If in doubt and need reassurance always ask the team manager.
- Have fun.
After the event.
- Check out the Power of 10 website for your up to date achievement and UK rankings. http://www.thepowerof10.info/
- Discuss your achievements and experiences with your coach.